We received lots of requests to do reviews for the best epilator for armpits and so here they are. The great thing about these epilators is that each one can be used on the most delicate parts of the skin. We are aware that epilating can be painful to a majority of women, especially to those who have a low tolerance for pain.
Underarm hair stopped being trendy decades ago. Nowadays, people will stare at you in shock and distaste if you are seen walking around with hair sticking out from your armpits. You can remove armpit hair by shaving, waxing, or laser removal but most people prefer shaving in their bathrooms.
Using a razor may not be too effective because hair starts growing back in a day and leaves rough, bumpy skin. Epilation may be more painful than shaving but it offers longer periods of time before hair grows back.
If you are looking for a worthwhile epilator for your armpits, choose one that has an average tweezer head because those remove hair faster and more thoroughly. Epilators with speed control are essential for hair removal in sensitive areas. Fast speeds are ideal for areas like legs and arms but you should consider lower speeds for your armpits. Here are three of the best epilators for armpits on our radar.
Three of the best epilator for armpits
Philips’ Satinelle Advanced Epilator (Most Gentle)
Epilating is as much about hair removal as it is about comfort and this armpits epilator uniquely strikes that balance. You definitely do not want sores or an itchy rash instead of hair under your armpits. That is why you ought to pick the Philips Satinelle Advanced epilator for all your hair removal needs.
Features and Benefits
This cordless epilator uses the most advanced technology which plucks each hair from the root, leaving no broken hair in sight. Hairs that have been removed from the root take longer to grow back. As such, you get to enjoy weeks of smooth, hairless armpits.t is one of the best bikini epilator.
Its ceramic disks rotate fast to remove hair quickly while being extremely gentle on sensitive armpit skin. The tweezer head is also wide enough to remove hair on larger portions of skin in just one pass. This is especially helpful because no one wants to remove armpit hair for long periods of time. It is also really recommended as a general epilator for men.
The epilator holds a Lithium-ion battery which lasts for up to 40 minutes and is rechargeable. This device is ideal for dry and wet use and features two additional caps for precision during hair removal.
- Satinelle advanced cordless epilator removes hair by the root on the whole body - legs, underarms, bikini line and face - For weeks of smooth skin even on sensitive areas.
- Special Ceramic tweezing Disks rotate quickly to capture more hairs by the root while being gentle on Skin.
- Extra wide epilation head grabs more hairs on the first pass for faster hair removal without pulling sensitive skin.
- The rechargeable electric epilator features a lithium-ion battery that provides 40 minutes of cordless use on wet or dry skin. Charge device fully before first using.
- Hair Removal epilator includes 2 precision caps and drawstring carry pouch
Video review Philips’ Satinelle Advanced Epilator for Underarms
Video Credit: Fullscoops – Click here to watch directly on YouTube
Philips’ Satinelle Advanced Epilator Reviews
This epilator has undergone the CLT test in Germany and has been recommended for removing hair around the armpits. However, the following reviews will help you gain a clearer perspective on how the epilator works.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations
The Epilators World loves that the epilator offers up to one month of hair-free armpits. They endorse the ceramic discs which reach deep to remove hairs of all lengths. The reviewer also highlights that the Philips’ Santinelle has the widest tweezer head compared to other leading epilators and is quite gentle. They especially recommend this epilator for armpits because of the speed controls that allow you to remove hairs from your underarms as gently as possible. You can use this epilator on pubic hair and other sensitive parts of your skin and body, and it leaves your skin smooth afterward.
The Beauty Bucketlist blog says that the epilator is perfect for removing thick hair but you may need to go through your armpits several times to get smaller hairs. However, they love that it takes more than a week for the hair to grow back. The blogger recommends exfoliating your armpits with a body scrub or cloth before hair removal to prevent ingrown hairs.
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the Philips’ Satinelle Advanced Epilator
One verified Amazon buyer leaves a five-star rating and explains that the epilator is great in performance and very affordable. She loves that it is less painful compared to its cordless counterpart. The blogger also highlights how easy it is to use with a single on and off button.
Another customer expresses her satisfaction with the epilator for pubic hair and says she is glad she bought it. She loves how gentle the tweezers are on her underarm skin yet efficient when it comes to hair removal. The buyer says that it might be quite painful at first but the pain subsides with regular use.
Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Cosmetic Hair Remover (Most Effective) –
Features and Benefits of the Emjoi AP-9L
This epilator has a high-capacity battery. You can use it to touch yourself up whenever you notice a few hairs that may ruin your outfit. The epilator has a narrow tweezer head that is very gentle and precise in hair removal. You can also use this epilator on your facial hair, legs, and arms.
The Emjoi epilator has 18 sharp tweezers that remove hair from the root so it doesn’t grow back in a long time. It has a 3-disc system that ensures that hair is removed gently and with minimal irritation.
- Epi Slim is portable and battery operated
- Take with you anywhere, great for traveling
- Ideal for touch-ups
- Narrow strip of tweezer-dics means gentle epilation
Video: Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Cosmetic Hair Remover
Video Credit: Lori Alcorn – Click here to watch directly on YouTube
Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Cosmetic Hair Remover Reviews
The narrow tweezer head on this epilator makes it perfect for armpit hair removal. Check out these consumer reviews for the perfect idea of how it works.
Independent Reviews and Recommendation
The Epilator blog recommends the Emoji Epi Slim Epilator as the best epilator for armpits. It is light and portable, making it ideal for traveling and short vacations. They also highlight its precision in hair removal and rate it as a “top-notch” armpit epilator.
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the Emjoi Epi Slim Cosmetic Hair Remover
An Amazon customer rated the product with five stars and expressed her satisfaction with the armpit epilator. She says that she uses it once every two weeks and her armpit hair takes quite long to grow back. The reviewer also highlights the fact that the epilator does not leave bumps on her armpits.
Another buyer divulges that she has bought this epilator for underarms twice and she cannot overrate how good it is. She loves that it removes fine hairs without pulling at her skin.
Panasonic ES-EL7A-P Ladies Wet/Dry Epilator (All-Purpose Epilator)
Features and Benefits
It has a wide tweezer head accompanied by a bikini trimmer and a shaver head. The epilator is cordless and has to be charged before use. It is safe for use in the bathroom with foam, shaving cream, or dry skin.
This armpit epilator is specially crafted to reduce arm fatigue and conform to the contours of your body. This way, you do not get any bruises and not a single hair is missed.
- FIVE SNAP ON HAIR REMOVAL ATTACHMENTS: Includes Epilator Head, Gentle Epilator Cap, Sensitive Skin Epilator Cap, Shaver Head with Pop-Up Precision Trimmer and Bikini Comb
- QUICK HAIR REMOVAL: is efficient with a wide 1.25 inches. dual-disc epilation head with 60 hypoallergenic, rotating tweezers that remove hair often too short to wax, as short as 0.5 millimeter
- EASY CORDLESS EPILATION: for hard to reach areas, a 90 degree pivoting epilator head closely moves along the contours of your body; a cordless design makes it easy to use the epilator anytime, anywhere
- WET DRY SHAVING & EPILATION: a sleek, waterproof wet dry design makes it easy to remove hair in the bath or shower, or dry anytime. For gentler, smoother epilation simply apply bath gel to the epilator head to create a rich, soothing foam
- VERSATILE BEAUTY TOOL: Epilator includes a sure-grip handle to ensure ease and control, three speed settings, a bright LED, cordless operation, cleaning brush and travel/storage pouch
Video Overview Panasonic ES-EL7A-P Epilator
Video Credit: Brett Robson – Click here to watch directly on YouTube
Panasonic ES-EL7A-P Epilator Reviews
This epilator gets hundreds of awesome reviews due to its efficiency and affordable price. Here are some of them.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations
The Grab the Roots blogger recommends the Panasonic ES-WD15-P as the best armpit epilator. They highlight its suitability for wet and dry use. Although the epilator does not have a speed feature, it is one of the best hair removal devices on the market in terms of less pain and efficient hair removal.
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About Panasonic ES-EL7A-P Epilator
One customer expresses her satisfaction with this epilator. She says that the armpit epilator holds a charge for a long time. The buyer divulges that she needs more than one pass to remove finer hairs. She recommends it for fast and efficient hair removal.
Another buyer says that it is way better than going for waxing every two weeks. She recommends using the trimmer cap first before hair removal so that there is no hair breakage. The reviewer recommends using it on dry skin because it is more effective.
Advantages of Using an Epilator for Your Armpits
- Epilation does not take long: spare 10 to 20 minutes and you are set.
- It is an excellent option for beginners because you do not require any special knowledge to epilate.
- Epilators are portable and convenient for traveling.
- No more awkward waxing sessions: you get to remove your own hair in the comfort of your home.
- Epilators pluck all types of hair so you need not worry about whether they will work for you.
- Epilators do not rub or pull the skin. As such, you get minimal irritation.
- Cheaper than waxing because it is a one-time kind of purchase, unlike waxing, where you have to book an appointment every month.
- Epilators use very little electricity.
- They are excellent for armpit hair removal and all other body parts as well.
- Epilators reduce the overall growth of body hair over time.
- The resulting smoothness lasts longer.
- Unlike waxing, you do not need to grow your hair to a certain length. You can remove hair as soon as you notice it coming up.
Types of Armpit Epilators
Epilators for armpits come in a wide range of designs. Understanding each of them can help you choose an epilator that suits your needs and budget.
Corded epilators can only be used when plugged in. this allows you to remove hair for as long as you need to but it has its downsides. They are not waterproof and as such, cannot be used in the shower. Their corded nature also makes them unsuitable for traveling or quick touch-ups in the bathroom.
These epilators use a rechargeable battery. When it is full, you can unplug it and use it. They cannot be used while still charging. We recommend these underarm epilators because of their flexibility. They can be used on wet and dry skin and are perfect for traveling.
Different brands of epilators have varying services to offer their customers. Some epilator brands come in entire kits with replaceable caps, massage pads, and a trimmer while others just come with one head. You can choose your preferred epilator depending on the efficiency it provides.
We have seen epilators with as little as 20 tweezers and others with up to 72 of them. Although one may argue that more tweezers mean more efficiency, that is not always the case. More tweezers may be efficient for removing hair on your legs but your armpits require the precision of a narrow head with fewer tweezers.
Just like any other product in the market, there are cheap, moderately-priced, and expensive epilators. Higher prices do not always translate to quality. Instead, check for the features in an epilator to determine if it is really worth what you are about to pay for it.
Now that you know all the great things an epilator can do, what are you waiting for? Take your pick from the best epilator for underarms in the market and enjoy smooth skin all day, every day.
Last update on 2021-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API